Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Start of Something

So I recently redeveloped a love for cycling, something I haven't had since I was roughly the age of 13. I used to keep my Dyno Nitro parked on the side of my house until it was stolen, and I haven't owned a bike since.

Last year I saw a documentary made about Reyner Banham, an architectural critic, exploring Los Angeles during the 1970s. Early on in the film, they show the architect riding around town on a bike with 16" wheels (I think). I had never seen such proportions on a bicycle, especially on an older model, and I quickly became intrigued by the style.

This is how I was introduced to the folding bicycle, a concept that was so new to me, but has been around for a while. My intrigue has since been my obsession.

Reyner Banham Loves Los Angeles

No comments:

Post a Comment